Cameron’s Chicken-Green Chili-Bacon Kabobs
- 8-10 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts (or thighs)
- 6- Roasted Green Chili’s (Try and find the sweet chili’s with a little kick)
- 1-Pound Thick Sliced Bacon (Regular, Peppered, or Maple flavored)
- 10-15 Wood Skewers (Soak in water before using to keep from burning)
- 1- Bottle of Big E’s Sauce (Original, Spicy, Or the Jalapeno & Habaneros)
- Assorted pieces of pineapple and green & red Peppers
- Cut the chicken into 2” cubes.
- Cut the green chili’s long ways and remove the seeds and the stem.
- Wrap the green chili around the piece of chicken. You can cut off the extra if you want or wrap it around again.
- Tightly wrap a piece of bacon around the green chili piece and stick the pre-soaked skewers through all three to hold it together.
- Place pieces of pineapple and peppers between each kabob.
- Repeat this until you have 5-6 pieces on each skewer.
- Cook these on the grill over medium heat until the bacon is done and the chicken is cooked. About 10-15 minutes. Turn frequently to avoid burning.
- Before you start cooking, place a foil pan on the grill that is big enough to place the whole skewer into.
- Pour a bottle of Big E’s sauce into the foil pan and let it start to cook on the grill. As this cooks the sugar in the sauce will thicken and makes the sauce very sticky.
- When the kabobs are almost done, turn down the heat some and take each one and roll them in the pan of sauce. It is like rolling an ear of corn in butter. This will make sure everything is covered with sauce.
- Move these back to the grill and the heat will kind of caramelize the sauce and makes everything all sticky and gooey.
- You may want to move the kabobs back and forth from the pan to the grill several times to get the best results.
** (If you have smoker try smoking these for about 2 hours and then finish them on the grill.)