Virginia’s NY Sweet & Sour Shrimp Stir Fry
Click HERE for print version
- One bottle Big E’s Spicy Sauce
- Six to ten medium Shrimp, peeled & deveined
- One diagonal sliced Green, Red and Yellow Peppers
- Sliced carrot
- Twelve trimmed Snow Peas
- One can sliced Bamboo Shoots
- One can sliced Water Chestnuts
- One can chunk Pineapple
- Two cloves pressed Garlic
- Two tablespoons Peanut Oil
- One teaspoon Sesame Oil
- One bunch Green Onions chopped (save the tops for garnish)
- Two whole Tomatoes (chopped for garnish)
- Hot Cooked Rice
- Soy Sauce (add as desired)
- Pour ½ bottle of Big E’s sauce in a saucepan and let heat over medium heat while you prepare the vegetables. Let this reduce and thicken before starting step two.
- Stir-fry the garlic, onions and vegetables in peanut oil 10 minutes. Add the sesame oil and the shrimp cook until done about 5 minutes.
- Add pineapple and Mix.
- Add Big E’s sauce from the pan slowly to your desired amount. Mix together to coat the vegetables.
Serve over Hot Rice with Tomatoes and Green Onion Garnish.
If you want to turn it up a little, add a teaspoon of crushed Red Peppers to the Garlic and Onion mix in the beginning.